Mineral Foundation Makeup Application Tutorial Video
In this video, I’m going to show you how to apply our organic botanical Infused Mineral Foundation.
If you’ve never applied a loose mineral foundation, it may take a few applications to dial it in.
But once you do, you’ll never look back.
Our mineral foundation is infused with skin moisturizing and balancing certified organic botanicals to nourish your skin all day long.
Plus, it contains a physical blocker SPF 20 to help protect your skin from the damaging rays of the sun.
At this very moment, my skin tone’s between two shades so I’ll be using a mixture of neutral shades, Bisque and Camel.
We have a Color Profiles shade finder on our website here, that will help you find the right shade for your skin tone.
Before you dive into your makeup application…
The act of applying makeup can be the perfect moment for mindfulness, self-love, and gratitude.
Our skin is a living organism that reflects what’s going on for us on a mental, emotional and physical level.
It can be very easy to get frustrated with the appearance of discoloration, acne or wrinkles.
And even easier for us to slip into negative self-talk as we try to cover up those areas.
Today, as you’re applying your foundation, express a feeling of gratitude and appreciation for your beautiful face with every sweep of the brush.
and fill your body with the awareness of your magnetic, magnificent being…
Ok – let’s get started!
First, make sure that you start with a clean, well-moisturized face.
I’ve already brightened my eye area with our organic infused Perfecting Under Eye Concealer in SHORTCAKE and touched up some discoloration with our organic Infused Aloe Concealer in No. 2.
You’ll need your organic Infused Mineral Foundation, an Afterglow Vegan Kabuki Brush, and an Afterglow Vegan Concealer Brush.
This foundation has a semi-matte finish and offers wonderfully buildable light to medium coverage.
I like to consider my style of foundation application as a “slow build”.
It allows you to achieve a very natural, luminous look without looking overdone.
First Spot Conceal with your Infused Mineral Foundation
- Dip your concealer brush directly into the foundation.
- Press it into the areas that you wish to cover and conceal.
- Don’t sweep. That doesn’t apply the product in a concentrated enough form.
- Press the powder directly into the areas of concern and lightly blend the edges.
Now let’s move onto the overall foundation application for an even skin tone.
- Place the cap back on the foundation. Turn it over and tap it against your palm.
- Flip it right-side up.
- Remove the cap. See what’s stuck on the side of the cap? That’s what we start with.
- Take your Vegan Kabuki Brush and swirl it around in the cap… picking up all the powder.
- Notice that the powder moves down the bristles. Tap on the brush to ensure it drops down.
- Now it’s time to apply. Sweep the kabuki over your face in a circular, buffing motion. Start at the jawline working inward. Continue the process until you get the coverage you desire.
- If you need more, tap a thumbnail size amount of powder into the cap and repeat.
Do you need more concealing?
Again, on its own, this mineral foundation offers light to medium coverage. You can spot apply using the concealer by using the brush-dipping in the foundation technique.
Or you want more a little extra coverage. We have three concealers that might fit the bill:
Infused Aloe Concealer
Infused Total Cover Concealer
Infused Calm Cover
I love to finish off my mineral foundation application with a sweep of our Infused Mineral Setting Powder for a soft, candle-lit finish.
Check out how I apply our Infused Mineral Setting Powder in this video!
As always, I hope these application tips help you achieve a beautifully even complexion that looks like the best version of your skin.
Applying our Infused Mineral Blush and Infused Glow Bronzer will be your follow-up steps!
Thanks for watching!
If you found this video helpful please like and share this video and subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Don’t forget to check out our other videos here.