Here’s my list of little treasures I have uncovered recently that are making me happy, healthy, and more beautiful inside and out this week. Enjoy!
1. This week’s adventure I’m cherishing – What started out as a short Sunday stroll through the forest with a friend turned into a very long hike. I love how moving through nature with friends can open up and deepen conversations and a meeting of hearts and minds.
2. Recent purchase I’m loving – A Jade Micro-current Facial from the lovely Joi Harrison-Turner – This facial is dubbed “The Non-Surgical Face Lift”. To prove the instant and very visible lift to non-believers, Joi first treats half of the face. I could see for myself the very noticeable lift and plump! The facial itself is super relaxing as Joi rolls her micro current, light, sound, and radio-wave technology across my skin. This technology provides stimulation to the skin and muscles, increases production of collagen and elastin, providing the face with a “lift”. Read more about this rejuvenating, chemical-free, pain-free technique here.
3. Quote I’m integrating – “For fast-acting relief try slowing down.” – Lily Tomlin
4. Radical question I’m contemplating – What would it take to approach everyone and every interaction without having judgement or conclusion?
5. Video I’m digging – This is an interesting perspective about how our decisions, judgements and conclusions of others create and bias our experiences of them…6 Photographers Capture Same Person But Results Vary Widely Because of a Twist
6. Music that’s moving me – Iyeoka (ee-yo-kah) is a Nigerian-American award-winning poet, recording artist and TED fellow. Her name means “I want to be respected.” Check out The Yellow Brick Road Song and Say Yes.
7. Afterglow ingredient I’m repurposing – We use organic jojoba oil in many of our products. Interestingly, jojoba oil is the only oil that closely resembles human sebum. I love using this light golden oil on my eyes to remove heavy eye makeup. You can find jojoba oil in Trader Joe’s and in all natural food stores’ body care section. Uncertain how to pronounce “jojoba”? At Afterglow, learning this word is a right of passage with a little help from our friend Steve Martin in this pee-in-your-pants funny clip from the movie, Pink Panther 2.
Thanks for staying present! Enjoy your weekend!
Love & Light,