Kristin’s Saturday 7 – 22 Aug 15
Here is my short list of little treasures I have uncovered recently that are making me happy, healthy, and more beautiful inside and out this week. Enjoy!
1. Music I’m relaxing to – Right now, I am really getting into a set of acoustic, meditative tracks called Sacred Acoustics created by neurosurgeon and author, Eben Alexander MD along with Karen Newell. I’m listening to one track before bed every night and it’s glorious! Get your free download here or purchase the CDs here.
2. Book I’m enjoying – Love Yourself to Health with Gusto! – Beauty and brains… this ABC Guide will show you how to shed all that is not serving your mind, body and soul. Author, Jeanine Finelli touches on toxic relationships, toxic food, and toxic thoughts. This book is one of those that you will revisit again and again for reminders to ground, re-center and love yourself, especially when times get tough. It would also make a great gift for a friend, mother or sister. Love it!
3. App I’m Loving – Kindara is THE easiest and cleanest ovulation & period tracker I have ever used… hands down. Feel more connected to your body with this beauty. Check it out here!
4. Quote I’m integrating – “This is the real secret of life ― to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realize it is play.” ― Alan Wilson Watts
5. Radical thought I’m having – I am toying with the idea of trading in my iPhone for a dumb phone… like an old-school flip phone. Every time I look at my cell phone lately, I react like the proverbial Pavolvian dog. I feel my attention span and ability to be present in the moment has been hijacked. Would I be more present and in the ‘now’ if I only used my phone for calls and texts, relegating all other activity to my iPad or laptop?
6. Video I’m digging – What If I Knew I Was Beautiful…
7. Afterglow Cosmetics I’m loving – I am hooked on a champagne nude lip with a hint of pink this week. It’s elegant and goes with everything day or night. I achieve this by lining my lips with our neutral pink Organic Infused Lip Liner in Bliss, blending the line inward and layering a sweep of our champagne shade Organic Infused Lip Gloss in Levitate.
Thanks for staying present! Enjoy your weekend!
Love & Light,