Here is my short list of little treasures I have uncovered recently that are making me happy, healthy, and more beautiful inside and out this week. Enjoy!
1. This week’s adventure I’m cherishing – Friday night Kirtan with friends – Kirtan is meditative, call and response singing that comes from the yogic tradition. I get so much joy out of singing with an open heart, in a group… and not giving a flip what I sound like! Singing out loud for an extended period of time is scientifically proven to increase happiness and reduce anxiety. Here’s the science about how singing changes your brain.
2. Recent purchase I’m loving – My 10-Day Celebrity Transformation Cleanse – I loved this cleanse so much that I am going to host an Afterglow Group Cleanse once a quarter. The first group cleanse starts October 1st! Purium is delicious, organic, vegan, non-soy, non-gmo and has gluten-free options. If you want to get started now, use my coupon code KADAMS for $50 off your first order. Or… wait until next week when we will open registration for our Afterglow/Purium Group Cleanse. Check it out here.
3. Quote I’m integrating – “Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakens.” – Carl Jung
4. Radical thought I’m having – There is no wasted time. When I look back on the time I dedicated to a “failed” project/relationship/hobby/etc., a part of me feels the sting and the ‘Uh what a WASTE of time that was!’ as thoughts laced with anger and regret race about what I could have/should have been doing that would have been more enjoyable/productive/profitable/etc. However, now, every time I witness that thought loop rise up, I flip the script in gratitude and with a deep understanding that everything I’ve experienced is an adventure that has gifted me an immense amount of wisdom, inner-knowing, connection and compassion. There is no wasted time.
5. Video I’m digging – Amy Cuddy – Your Body Language Shapes Who You Are
6. App I’m loving – Cinematic, the easiest app I have found to create beautiful, short 3-60 second films with gorgeous filters.
7. Afterglow products I’m repurposing – I have fine hair and a fairly oily scalp. My organic, homemade dry shampoo has saved me time, money and many a split-end. Expertly applying the dry shampoo powder gets messy! I repurposed my Afterglow Swirler to hold my dry shampoo and strategically apply it to my scalp with one of my old Afterglow Vegan Kabuki Brushes. Magic!
Thanks for staying present! Enjoy your weekend!
Love & Light,