Here’s my list of little treasures I have uncovered recently that are making me happy, healthy, and more beautiful inside and out this week. Enjoy!
1. This week’s adventure I’m cherishing – Last night, I helped out at the VIP tent for the Hopscotch Music Festival to raise money for Raleigh Helping Hands Mission. Here’s a pic of me and the live moss and fern adorned mannequin greeting visitors at the tent entrance. 😛
2. Recent purchase I’m loving – I got my Four Sigma Foods “Royal Flush” bundle of their most popular medicinal mushroom drinks including Chaga, Lion’s Mane, Cordycepts, Reishi and Hot Coco blends just in time for “national mushroom month” (who knew?!) . I’m excited and intrigued to start incorporating these medicinal mushrooms into my lifestyle in an easy (and delicious) way. Interested in learning more about these amazing, adaptogenic mushrooms? Check out what Dr. Axe has to say here!
3. Quote I’m integrating – “Why would you stay in a prison, when the door is so wide open?” – Rumi, Sufi Poet
4. Radical thought I’m having – We all know the saying “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you” (Matt. 7:12). I know it, you know it… we learned it as kids… but do we flip it?
Why shouldn’t the ‘golden rule’ start with us? Why shouldn’t we first learn how to treat ourselves with kindness, patience, love and respect? Where is the dialog with children about positive self-talk and being kind to ourselves first as a mindfulness practice to then gift to others? Only when we know how to love ourselves can we genuinely extend that golden rule outward.
This week, I will remember to talk to myself with the same golden words of encouragement, kindness and love that I would all of the “others” in my life.
5. Video I’m digging – Moldy (free) – The first ever documentary about toxic mold. Is it in your house? Is it making you sick and impacting your everyday life? If so… what can you do about it?
6. App I’m loving – Duolinguo (free) – I learned how to speak very fluent Spanish and what I call a “decent pub” German the hard way. What’s next? French! Nailing the basics on French should be more fun with this app. This is the most fun I’ve had with language learning software… and I can do it from anywhere! Just as good or better than those expensive online programs and free.
7. Afterglow product I’m hacking – Generally, I enjoy the look of eyeliner, but I prefer my line to be soft. I very often use one of my three go-to deep Organic Infused Eco Eye Shadow shades in Etch (a deep grey), Mosaic (a deep eggplant) or Still Life (a deep cocoa) as powdered eye liners. I just dip my Angled Eyeliner Brush into the powder and sweep it along the water line and my upper lash line. If I want to intensify the depth, I wet my brush first with a drop of my Organic Infused Color Lock.
Thanks for staying present! Enjoy your weekend!
Love & Light,