Here’s my list of little treasures I have uncovered recently that are making me happy, healthy, and more beautiful inside and out this week. Enjoy!
1. Radical thought I’m putting into action – Remember that “radical thought” I was pondering a few months ago related to taking some serious time off? Well, it’s happening. Check out our blog to read exactly what motivated me to give all Afterglow employees an additional, required, two paid weeks off this holiday season. I would especially love to hear your comments on the blog if you work for a company that closes at the end of the year or you own a company who has an out-of-the-box required vacation policy. How does it change your company culture? If it’s your business, why did you do it? What do you think about it? Here’s the blog post with the details > Why We’re Taking 2 Weeks Off…
2. Recent purchase I’m loving – Lyssé’s Leather (Vegan) Ponte Leggings – I am so happy with these perfect winter leggings! Not only are they thick with lots of support, they make every curve look great. I can just as easily dress them down with a t-shirt, cashmere hoodie and boots or dress them up with a nice blouse and heels. These babies are now one of my wardrobe staples!
3. Quote I’m integrating – “Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?” – Mary Oliver, American Poet
4. Company that’s inspiring me – Thistle Farms is a powerful community of women who have survived prostitution, trafficking and addiction. They employ more than 50 survivors through their social enterprises which include a natural body care company. Right now, I am completely taken with their Mitzvah Healing Oil which is a delicious blend of mandarin, lavender and ginger root. Watch their video here. It’s incredibly heart warming and reaffirming that love is the most powerful force for social change.
5. Video I’m digging – GMO OMG – A large percentage of processed and restaurant food in the US contains GMOs (Genetically Modified Organisms). Many countries have already banned GMOs altogether and even more require food containing GMOs to be clearly labeled. This past summer, the House passed a bill blocking states rights to require GMO labeling.
Do you want to know what you’re putting in your body? Do you want to make a choice to purchase GMO food or not by reading fully disclosed food labels?GMO OMG is a fantastic documentary about one family’s quest to understand what GMOs are and the politics around why the US government doesn’t require GMO labeling to give Americans the information to choose. Learn more and join the conversation. Watch it GMO OMG on Netflix or Amazon Prime here.
6. Music that’s moving me – Gaby Moreno, Guatemalan singer-songwriter and guitarist who sings in both Spanish and English. Her music ranges from blues, jazz, soul, to R&B. Her voice is so sweet and her presence is magnetic. Check out Ave que Emigra and Sing me Life.
7. Beauty Hack I Love for the Winter – I’ve been oil pulling with organic coconut oil for a while now. I love how squeaky clean my teeth feel after oil pulling. In the winter, I super-charge my oil pulling routine and keep sore throats and germs at bay by adding a few drops of Thieves Essential Oil to my scoop of coconut oil.
Thanks for staying present! Enjoy your weekend!
Love & Light,