Here’s my list of little treasures I have uncovered recently that are making me happy, healthy, and more beautiful inside and out this week. Enjoy!
1. An article worth reading & passing onto a loved one – Anti-Aging Secrets Exposed Report – Chemical Linked to Breast Cancer in Skin Care – The Campaign for Safe Cosmetics, a Project of the Breast Cancer Fund, recently found toxic carcinogens and endocrine disruptors in the form of PTFE (also known as Teflon) in some of the largest cosmetic brands’ skin care, gel, and powders. While The Campaign’s findings are disturbing, the report is a must read. Pass it onto your loved ones and spread the word to those that may still be seduced by ‘anti-aging’ claims.
2. Video I’m digging – The Human Experiment – This documentary does an excellent job of outlining what the thousands of untested and unregulated chemicals being used in our food, homes, and personal care items are doing to our collective health. This movie furthers the dialog and my personal argument regarding the use of chemical-laden products: If you can find a product that’s just as good or better than the chemical version… why wouldn’t you use it?! Remove yourself from the chemical equation where you can, especially now that natural product alternatives are abundant. Watch it on Netflix here.
3. Quote I’m integrating – “If you speak when angry, you’ll make the best speech you’ll ever regret.” – Groucho Marx
4. This week’s adventure I’m cherishing – Experiencing the Oculus Rift virtual reality headset that immediately immersed me in a 360 virtual reality experience. I took an intense, full body ride on a rollercoaster. Even though the OR only shifts what you see and hear, my body went right along with the illusion. It was quite a ride! I’m very excited to see what the future applications for this technology are in all fields including healing mind and body from stress, pain, and anxiety through the power of illusion. Here I am in mid-Oculus experience.
5. A new resource I’m digging – How can you best advocate for animals? Animal Charity Evaluator ranks and highlights highly effective charities that improve the lives of animals with a focus on reducing suffering at every level.
6. Skin care product I can’t live without – Exuberance Beauty’s Helichrysum Silicone-Free Makeup Primer. I love the way my Afterglow foundation applies and stays put when I apply Exuberance’s primer first. Plus, the primer smells amazing!
7. Afterglow product I’m reaching for – If you haven’t heard… your fave Organic Infused Lip Love Lipsticks are back! The two shades in my purse right now are the easy, natural pink shade ‘Lovely’ and the sweet peachy shimmer shade ‘Muse’.
Thanks for staying present! Enjoy your weekend!
Love & Light,