Here’s my list of little treasures I’ve uncovered recently that are making me happy, healthy, and more beautiful inside and out this week. Enjoy!
1. Why We’re Taking Two Weeks Off – This is the second year that the Afterglow team will be taking two weeks off starting on Christmas. We’ll return January 9th, 2017. Sounds insane, doesn’t it? I wrote a blog post about why I believe this is one of the most sane business decisions I’ve made: Why We’re Taking Two Weeks Off. (And don’t worry! We’ll still be taking orders online and shipping while we’re out. Read the blog post to find out how.)
2. Still Going Strong – I mentioned that I’m in the first half of a low-histamine diet on a quest to heal my gut and rebalance my hormones. I just found a new love in this delish vegan Matcha Latte. I make the recipe using my NutriBullet and this matcha tea.
3. The Greenest Way to Get Your Glam On – I wish I had more opportunities to dress up in a gorgeous gown and go out. I often think that the reason salsa dancing is one of my hobbies is because it gives me an excuse to dress up. If you hate to shop for clothes during the holidays and always regret buying that fabulous dress you know you’ll only wear once, try Rent the Runway. I love this site because they have an amazing selection of beautiful dresses for every once-in-a-lifetime event. They send you two sizes and make it easy to send them back after your event. I’ve never been disappointed and am grateful not to have a ton of dresses clogging up my closet.
4. Quote I’m Integrating – “When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.” – Wayne Dyer
5. Holiday Awareness I’m Having – I try to keep Wayne Dyer’s above quote in my mind and heart as an awareness year ‘round, but I think it can be especially powerful when coping with the unique comments, criticisms and comparisons that come with the holidays and family. I’m wishing you all during this holiday the power to step into love and awareness, witnessing that abrasive family member’s comments as an unconscious billboard of who they are and what they are struggling with…. It’s not about you.
6. Gifting Afterglow – Love Afterglow and don’t know how to gift it? Try giving an Afterglow gift certificate. On December 20th our eGift Certificates are going on sale at 15% off.
7. Our Gloss Gets Some Love – Many years ago Afterglow was featured and highly recommended by Sophie Uliano in her NY Times Best Selling book Gorgeously Green. She launched the book for Earth Day on the Oprah show with her famous friend Julia Roberts… and very quickly we sold out of almost every single thing in our inventory. It was crazy! We continue to be honored by Sophie’s praise. This month our Organic Infused Hydra Gloss received Gorgeously Green’s Beauty Awards Top Honor for the best gloss! Now part of our 50% off overstock sale until 12/29/16!
Thanks for staying present! Enjoy your weekend!
Love & Light,