Kristin’s Saturday 7 – 17 Sept 16
Here’s my list of little treasures I’ve uncovered recently that are making me happy, healthy, and more beautiful inside and out this week. Enjoy!
1. Praising the clarity of the FDA for banning – 19 highly destructive and toxic ingredients in antibacterial soap including ubiquitous antibacterial soap ingredients triclosan and triclocarban. Manufacturers of banned antibacterial laced soaps have one year to remove them from the shelves. This FDA ruling finally validates what many in the alternative medical and natural cosmetic communities have been saying for years. These antibacterial ingredients are bad news for your health and the earth. Curiously, the ruling doesn’t affect hand sanitizers and wipes with the same ingredients the FDA deemed unsafe for use in soaps. Here are 5 reasons why you should stop using that antibacterial everything yesterday.
2. In praise of awareness and the efforts of – One Love Foundation for helping educate all of us on what relationship violence can really look like. It doesn’t always look like a physically battered woman. I was in an incredibly abusive relationship when I was younger. It was this kind of abuse. It was suffocating, insidious, relentless, exhausting, toxic and invisible to everyone. If I had seen these videos before or while I was in that relationship, I may have run the other way earlier or identified the toxicity and controlling behavior before it started. One Love Foundation does an AMAZING job of illustrating what non-physical relationship violence can look like, how to identify it and why it’s so toxic. This video series is a must watch for every teen and adult alike.
3. Important tool for healing I’m loving – What do you do when you can’t reach for a pill to reduce your pain? Go for guided meditation. Our minds contain powerful sway over our bodies’ manifested pain and dis-ease. Last night after a day of painful cramps, this guided meditation for pain was the only relief my mind and body would accept, bringing me back to a place of relaxation and ease. If you’ve never tried guided meditation for pain, sleeplessness, depression or anxiety, I highly suggest you keep this in your pocket as a possible remedy. Simply go to YouTube and type in ‘guided meditation for…’ and your concern. Pop on those headphones and be prepared to be transformed. If not now, when?
4. Product I’m digging – I’ve gone through a myriad of natural deodorants on my quest for a very natural deodorant that actually works. This Lavender Primal Pit Paste by is my new favorite. Buy it here or at your local natural food store.
5. Quote I’m integrating – “I suppose it is tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail.” – Abraham Maslow
6. Radical thought I’m having – What energy, space and consciousness could I truly be if I took full advantage of my mind’s power to heal my body?
7. Natural beauty product I’m reaching for – Sometimes I skip foundation all together and tag team my two favorite creamy concealers, our Organic Infused Aloe Concealer and our Perfecting Under Eye Concealer to even out skin tone for a very natural, dewy look.
Thanks for staying present! Enjoy your weekend!
Love & Light,