Here’s my list of little treasures I have uncovered recently that are making me happy, healthy, and more beautiful inside and out this week. Enjoy!
1. Radical question I’m embracing – What am I holding onto that no longer serves me? What can I let go of now that will allow me to receive even more in the new year?
2. App I’m Loving – Feedly – My inbox(es) are at times overwhelming. I want to subscribe to a billion blogs and info sites, but I simply can’t add more burden to the box. Feedly is a Google App on your Chrome browser that serves as a clean, easy to read aggregator for all your news feeds, blogs, and website updates. It has really streamlined my online reading and lightened my inbox load. Try it here.
3. Quote I’m integrating – “If you think you are enlightened spend a week with your family.” – Ram Dass
4. Company that’s inspiring me –Smile Train – How can a child share their light with the world when they are born with a cleft palate? There is an undeniable dignity and beauty in being able to connect with other human beings through a simple smile. 170,000 children are born with cleft lip and/or palate. Many can’t afford surgery. Smile Train is an amazing charity that trains local doctors to perform cleft repair surgery in their own communities. Consider donating and change a child’s sense of dignity and destiny.
5. Video I’m digging – Brene Brown’s talk, The Anatomy of Trust is brilliant. Watch it here. She speaks poignantly about the importance of trust and integrity in relationships. Her talk also reminded me of how truly grateful I am to my parents for teaching me this important lesson at a young age. Brene’s own definition of integrity:
“…choosing courage over comfort…choosing what’s right over what’s fun, fast and easy…practicing your values, not just professing your values…”
6. Music that’s moving me – Timeless, elegant, textured and soulful, Yo Yo Ma – Bach Cello Suites always drop me into a serene space. Listen to The Six Suites here.
7. My Afterglow product of the moment – Tango – Organic Infused Lip Love Lipstick forever holds a place in my heart as one of my favorite day-time, “easy-to-wear”, sheer red lip shades.
Thanks for staying present! Enjoy your weekend!
Love & Light,