Kristin’s Saturday 7 – 21 Jan 17
Here’s my list of little treasures I’ve uncovered recently that are making me happy, healthy, and more beautiful inside and out this week. Please note that some of the links below may randomly be affiliates. Enjoy!
1. Finally Pressing Record – Check out my first video, How to Apply our Natural Concealer, all about applying our Perfecting Under Eye Concealer. Video hasn’t been “my thing” for many years but I know how many prefer video, so I’ve finally gotten out of my own way and my own head and pressed record. Whew, it took a real push to get here but now I’m officially a YouTuber! Please like the video and subscribe to our YouTube channel. I’ll be adding a video a week!
2. Letting THIS Food Be My Medicine – It’s no secret that our diet, emotional state and lifestyle has the ability to turn on or off certain latent genes that could manifest disease. The study around this phenomena is called epigenetics. There’s a component of cruciferous vegetables called Sulforaphane, which is a potent dietary activator of genetic pathway that regulates over 200 genes including cancer, mortality, aging, brain and behavior and heart disease. Check out this exciting video, by Dr. Rhonda Patrick, Sulforaphane and Its Effects on Cancer, Mortality, Aging, Brain and Behavior, Heart Disease & More. Dr. Patrick will get you so insanely excited about broccoli sprouts by the end of this video, you’ll immediately want to start your own broccoli farm (or a mini one with sprouting). Pop on over to Spout People for your very own broccoli sprouting starter kit.
3. Quote I’m Integrating – “You are constantly shaping a mirror that reflects you.” – Bentinho Massaro
4. Radical Thought I’m Having – The most powerful change starts with a question.
5. Re-Imaging 2017 Subconsciously – In the book Biology of Belief, Bruce Lipton, Ph.D. cell biologist, epigenetic researcher, demonstrates how the expression of the mind is changed into chemistry. The picture that you have in your head is translated into neurochemistry that matches the picture of yourself you hold in your head. Being mindful of this perspective could be a real game changer for all of us! Release yourself from your subconscious program and watch Bruce Lipton’s illuminating video about how to approach your resolutions and goals.
6. Love Languages & Leggings – My love languages are Physical Touch and Gifts. I was so tickled to get these gorgeous Sea Wolf Designs hand made, bamboo, Mystical Owl Print Leggings from my bestie! Check out their Etsy site for mystical, arty, hand made, earthy and totally unique athleisure.
7. Natural Beauty Product I’m Loving– One of our highest rated and most loved products, our Organic Infused Perfecting Under Eye Concealer, just had to be my first video in my Afterglow tutorial series. I could go on and on about how amazing this little gem is but I’ll let my video speak for itself.
Thanks for staying present!
Love & Light,
CEO & Founder | Afterglow Cosmetics