Here’s my list of little treasures I’ve uncovered recently that are making me happy, healthy, and more beautiful inside and out this week. Please note that some of the links below may randomly be affiliates. Enjoy!
1. Experience I’m Integrating – I’m returning to “reality” this week with my energies aligned, my head empty and my heart full after a six day meditation retreat in the Netherlands. <3
2. Quote I’m Integrating –“How do you become a butterfly? You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar.” – Trina Paulus
3. Bark & Cream are Back! – Many moons ago we offered a two loose eye shadow shades, “Bark”, a perfect taupey, matte brown shade widely known as THE BEST BROW FILLER EVER and a wonderful overall neutral shade and “Cream”, the ideal creamy, matte white base shade. I’m excited to announce that we just released these two makeup bag staples in the pressed, refill format, renamed as “Elevation” and “Vellum”. Check them out here!
4. Buyer Beware – Amazon is overcoming the entire US retail market with a selection, shipping and convenience that can’t be beat… but you may not always be getting what you’re paying for. We have experienced first-hand retailers of Afterglow products attempting to sell EXPIRED Afterglow product on Amazon. Amazon has ignored and not responded to all of our attempts to warn them that other retailers are selling expired Afterglow product on the Amazon platform. Amazon has instead chosen profits over their customers’ well being. Be aware that the quality and stability of the products that you purchase on Amazon may not be what you’re expecting when you buy a brand from a random 3rd party retailer. If you must purchase on Amazon we suggest you ONLY do it through the brand that is shipping directly to your door via the Amazon website. Stories of counterfeit, fraudulent, bootleg and expired product being sold on Amazon are rampant and we’re not the only brand affected. The iconic shoe maker Birkenstock is also fighting back against Amazon degrading their brand’s quality and customer experience. Read more here.
5. Following the Money – Whenever there’s a radical statement or shift in allopathic medical or nutritional opinion always follow the money before you make an about face. Recently, The American Heart Association made a statement that coconut oil is bad for you. Their motivations for suggesting that known highly inflammatory oils such as canola oil and corn oil are “healthier alternatives” may not be as unbiased and scientific as you might expect from the AHA. The Food Babe breaks down the background and hidden agenda here and medical doctors Dr. Mark Hyman, Dr. Mercola and Dr. Axe disagree with the AHA and maintain that coconut oil’s healthy. On a lighter note… so does comedian JP Sears.
6. Movie I’m Recommending – During my recent stay in the Netherlands, a number of people remarked to me about how shocked they were during recent trips to the US, to discover how much sugar was added to everything in the US diet. The engaging and funny documentary, That Sugar Film, explains how hidden sugar in your SAD (Standard American Diet) could be affecting your health. Get the DVD from Netflix or watch it on Amazon Prime and pass it on.
7. Our Grand Prize Love Letter Winner #10 – This Love Letter winner was inspired by our Infused Mineral Foundation. Check out the product that inspired this week’s Love Letter winner here. Thank you Katie T.! XO
Thank you for being!
Love & Light,
CEO & Founder | Afterglow Cosmetics