Here’s my list of little treasures I have uncovered recently that are making me happy, healthy, and more beautiful inside and out this week. Enjoy!
1. Body awareness I’m having – Don’t laugh, but I’m developing an awareness practice around keeping my head on straight. Our lives of reading, working on a computer, driving and looking at our cell phones often pull our heads into an unhealthy forward head posture. According functional medicine doctors and chiropractors, the farther your head is forward, the higher likelihood you’ll experience systemic body pain due to head/body misalignment. I’ve personally experienced this neck pain, and I’m grateful for the awareness. Now time to reverse it! I made this playlist of my favorite videos which explain the issue of the dreaded “Neck Hump” and how to reverse or prevent it.
2. Podcast I’m Digging – I love quirky, funny story telling that unfurls the human condition in all its beautifully messy glory. Podcast Snap Judgement never disappoints. You can listen to it here or on iTunes.
3. Quote I’m integrating – “I am the one I’ve been waiting for.” – A very wise, dear friend of mine
4. This week’s adventure I’m cherishing – A relaxing hour with a friend in a Himalayan pink salt rock “cave” at Skin Sense Spa in Raleigh, NC. The ‘salt cave’ is was warm room with 10 tons of crushed pink salt on the floor and pink salt blocks on the walls. The salt rocks release minerals into the air and have a calming effect.
5. Radical question I’m embracing – What would it take to make my everyday life to feel more like vacation?
6. Daydreaming of – Building my very own Tiny House in the country on a pond. My new obsession is the sustainable wonder, delight and promise of the Tiny House movement. If you have any interest in this, you’ll love my personal Tiny House day-dreaming Pinterest page here.
7. Afterglow product I’m reaching for – Total Cover Concealer is an amazing multi-tasker and perfect for sweaty summer conditions. I use my vegan concealer brush to spot conceal discoloration, acne flair-ups and even brighten my eye lids with this little, super concentrated powerhouse.
Thanks for staying present! Enjoy your weekend!
Love & Light,