Here’s my list of little treasures I have uncovered recently that are making me happy, healthy, and more beautiful inside and out this week. Enjoy!
1. This week’s adventure I’m cherishing – I wandered through the Blue Ridge Parkway forest outside Asheville, NC foraging for edible mushrooms with my friends and a guide from ‘No Taste Like Home’. Post-forage, we took our mushroom haul to a local Asheville restaurant and they made us the most delicious plates with the mushrooms we picked! What a unique (and tasty) way to experience nature and good company!
2. Recent purchase I’m loving – Therasage Far Infrared Heating Pad – It delivers a really deep, comforting heat that relaxes my post-workout sore muscles. I lay on it for 15-20 minutes while I read before bed and wake up much less sore. I can’t wait to use this during the winter!
3. Quote I’m integrating – “Begin to see yourself as a soul with a body rather than a body with a soul.” – Wayne Dyer
4. Radical thought I’m having – I’m going to start being more mindful and conscious of my self-talk while I’m applying my makeup. I LOVE makeup because it helps me accentuate the positive and frankly every morning applying feels like play. However, there are micro-moments when I approach some parts of the application process (covering up my acne, discoloration, spots) with a mildly negative, resentful attitude. The thing is, I know this kind of self-talk, is counterproductive and does not promote healing. What if I consciously approached my makeup routine every morning from a space of love, gratitude and compassion for myself, my face, my eyes, my blemishes, my skin…for the beautiful container that I was born with, that continually communicates with me and does so much for me? What if I adorned my face with color from THAT place?
5. Video I’m digging – Wayne Dyer – The Shift
6. App I’m loving – Kegel Camp – Not sure if you’re doing those kegels correctly? This app is super simple and straightforward. Knock out those kegels with ease by following the app prompts. stronger pelvic floor muscles. Try it!
7. Afterglow product I’m hacking – Did you know that every natural lip gloss container has a little plug in the neck of the vial? This plug is called a ‘wiper’, and it helps wipe off excess product from the wand, allowing for the perfect dose of product. But what happens when you are trying to scrape the bottom of the vial to eek out the last drops of your fav product? Pluck out that wiper with a clean tweezer and immediately access those last few precious drops of product! Just be careful, it can be a delicate/difficult extraction!
Thanks for staying present! Enjoy your weekend!
Love & Light,