Kristin’s Saturday 7 – 1 Oct 16
Here’s my list of little treasures I’ve uncovered recently that are making me happy, healthy, and more beautiful inside and out this week. Enjoy!
1. Deepening my integration of – Don Miguel Ruiz’s The Four Agreements These four simple, timeless reminders are a personal and relationship touchstone in chaotic times… a reminder that may help unwind self-imposed beliefs and agreements that are actually creating unhappiness and limitation in our lives.
2. Grateful for the tradition of – Professional portrait photography. Growing up I loved seeing the elegantly poised professional photographs of my grandmothers with their beautifully coiffed hair, red lips and box hats. For Afterglow, I get headshots done every two years in an attempt to “keep it real” with you, my business and my brand. The process is fun, I love seeing myself through a talented photographer eyes… and knowing that these images will be there for me to look back on when I’m 90 years old. If you’ve never had professional photographs taken, I highly recommend you gift yourself the experience. Put it on your bucket list! Not only is it a fun experience that will allow you to see yourself in another dimension, the photos can be used for professional purposes and will also be adored for years to come by your loved ones. I highly recommend my photographers, the talented Kat Squibb in PA and the talented Jami Scull in TX.
3. Gift I’m loving – This week, my sweet friend gifted me the most deliciously interesting chocolates from Venice, CA’s whimsical ZenBunni Biodynamic Chocolate Shop. These delightful little artisanal chocolate morsels are dairy-free, soy-free and gluten-free! Their biodynamic, eco-friendly ingredient sourcing goes well beyond organic, and their chocolate recipes will take your taste buds down the rabbit hole with ingredients like lavender, turmeric, maple and coffee. I indulged in the Rainbow Box and the Garden Box.
4. Radical thought I’m having – Choosing not to know is a lie we tell ourselves. This lie shuts down our awareness of all our possibilities. What am I refusing to acknowledge, that if I did, would change everything?
5. Quote I’m integrating – “You do not attract what you want. You attract what you are.” – Wayne Dyer
6. Acting on being the change – You might be surprised at these beauty companies still testing on animals. There are so many alternatives out there that support a more conscious world. Afterglow is certified cruelty-free by PETA and Leaping Bunny. Please consider switching to kinder beauty brands that are certified cruelty-free by Leaping Bunny and/or PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) and vote with your wallet. Here is a list of personal care and beauty companies that still test on animals.
7. Natural beauty product I’m reaching for – Our cool, deep berry red Organic Infused Lip Love Lipstick shade called Kiss. This is my perfect fall to winter lip shade because I can apply it lightly and layer it over our Lip Soother for a barely-there lip stain, or apply it full-on for a beautifully classic berry red lip.
Thanks for staying present! Enjoy your weekend!
Love & Light,