Here’s my list of little treasures I have uncovered recently that are making me happy, healthy, and more beautiful inside and out this week. Enjoy!
1. This week’s book I’m digging into – The Underground Girls of Kabul : In Search of a Hidden
2. Recent purchase I’m loving – A Functional Movement Screen with Danny Maresca. I get pretty geeky about discovering what my body can and can’t do… and learning innovative ways to move back into balance in order to get to the next level. Pushing your body physically when it’s not in balance will inevitably do more harm than good. How do you know if you’re physically out of balance? This elegant screen makes it abundantly clear within about an hour of leg lifts, joint rotations, stretches, lunges and squats. More precise than strenuous, the Functional Movement Screen illuminated where my movements were off balance and what I needed to do to bring them back into alignment in order to prevent future injuries and maximize my current workouts.
3. Quote I’m integrating – “Alignment trumps everything.” – Abraham Hicks
4. Radical thought I’m considering – Do I only need 37 Items in Your Closet? Can I really go that minimalist? Perhaps it’s time to shed those items in my wardrobe which no longer serve me and create what blogger Caroline Rector of Unfancy calls a “capsule wardrobe”, a mini wardrobe made up of 37 really versatile pieces that you totally love to wear. Even the idea feels intriguing and freeing. Read more about it here.
5. Video I’m digging – Whiplash is intense and powerful. If you (or your kids) were ever involved in the intensity of perfecting a skill, instrument, sport or hobby to the point of an all consuming obsession, you must watch this movie. Filled with superb acting and incredible tension, this movie will touch those involved in a similar pursuit as well as those just along for the voyeuristic rollercoaster.
6. Music that’s moving me – Anugama – Shamanic Dream is earthy, uplifting and rhythmic. I love to listen to this album during my morning Sun Salutation routine.
7. Afterglow product I’m repurposing – I use Charm – Organic Infused Lip Liner as an overall lip color when I want a naturally full lip. I line and then fill in my lips completely with this shade. A sweep of my favorite lavender/vanilla scented Organic Infused Lip Soother in Hush.
Thanks for staying present! Enjoy your weekend!
Love & Light,