Here’s my list of little treasures I’ve uncovered recently that are making me happy, healthy, and more beautiful inside and out this week. Enjoy!
1. Natural beauty hack I’m loving – I overplucked my brows in my twenties. In my early thirties, I handed over my brows to waxing, but the wax made me break out. It was horrible. Then I found “threading”, an eyebrow shaping technique using twisted cotton thread to pull the hair from the follicle. It’s been a few years and my brows have never looked better. I will never look back. Unlike waxing, there’s no waiting for the hair to grow to thread again, there’s no yanking the skin or skin irritation, breakouts, or burns. With threading my brow shape is more precise and elegant. Plus, my brows now look a million times healthier and fuller. And the threading process is 100% chemical free. Next time you want to get your eyebrows shaped, try visiting a threading studio.
2. This week’s adventure I’m cherishing – Connecting with my people at my family reunion.
3. Inspiring video I’m sharing – The Living Matrix – The Science of Healing, uncovers new ideas about the intricate web of factors that determine our health. This is a really powerful documentary and a good reminder about the critical role mindset and belief play in the healing process.
4. Supplement I’m praising – Vitex (Chaste Berry) Sometimes referred to as “The Woman’s Herb”, this supplement might be just the support you need to help you get your groove back. Vitex is known to normalizes hormone levels and has definitely supported me in my quest to bring my hormones back into balance. Studies show that this beautiful herb not only minimizes PMS symptoms but also helps with fertility, ovulation and eases symptoms of menopause. I use this brand.
5. Quote I’m integrating – “You’ve been criticizing yourself for years and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” – Louise Hay
6. Radical thought I’m having – If autoimmune disease is the body turning on itself and physically attacking healthy cells, wouldn’t negative self-talk be the autoimmune disease of the soul? What will it take for us to personally and culturally see negative-self talk as a serious “dis-ease” that must be addressed and healed?
7. Natural beauty product I’m reaching for – Our sister company, Exuberance Beauty’s, Indian Rose & Aloe Calming Facial Tonic. It nourishes the skin with organic aloe, white tea and rosemary and has the most delicious, light, natural floral smell. I love to give my face a refreshing, mist every once in awhile on a hot summer day. I even made a mini to carry in my purse.
Thanks for staying present! Enjoy your weekend!
Love & Light,