Here’s my list of little treasures I’ve uncovered recently that are making me happy, healthy, and more beautiful inside and out this week. Enjoy!
1. Practicing Big Picture Bookending – What thoughts do you start and end your day with to support your most aligned, positive life? I bookend my sleep with two practices; gratitude and positive big picture thoughts to keep my energy focused in the right direction. At night, instead of counting sheep, I go through everything I’m grateful for in my life until I fall asleep. In the morning, as I’m getting ready for work I listen to Abraham Hicks. What can you listen to in the morning to start your day with love, joy and appreciation?
2. Quote I’m integrating – “There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.” – Edith Wharton
3. App I’m Loving – Couch to 5K I decided to ditch all my trendy fitness and yoga classes in an effort to simplify my life, streamline my schedule and get back to basics. My newly revamped, efficient and self-sufficient exercise plan includes running 3 days a week for 30 minutes. The only problem with this plan… I hate running… mostly because getting started is so painful. In spite of that, I’ve now been running for three weeks consistently with my new Couch to 5K app! The app baby steps you through the start-up stages of running in the most gentle way to running a full 5K within a month. The first week starts off alternating running and walking one minute each. I can’t believe I’m saying this but, I’ve never had so much fun running… especially in this gorgeous fall weather.
4. Radical thought I’m having – busy = out of control
5. Gift I’m Giving – I gave my post-apocalyptic, prepping friend a plastic pail filled with heirloom, non-GMO, organic seeds and water purifying Lifestraws for her birthday. It was a teasing nod to our many “what would you do if…” conversations. However, there is some truth in the joke. We are so blessed to live comfortable lives where we expect food, clean water and electricity to be available whenever we need it. Few of us make contingency plans, for even minor emergencies. What would you do if your water were contaminated tomorrow? What are you prepared for that might give you more peace of mind? The incredible company Lifestraw has developed tiny, portable water purifiers and water bottles that filter up to 1,000 liters of water with one filter! Not only that, for each Lifestraw you purchase, one school child in a developing community receives safe drinking water for an entire school year. Take one on your next hike, exotic trip or store a handful away in case of an emergency.
6. On listening to your gut – Did you know that many common skin issues such as eczema, acne, dry skin and rosacea often start in the gut? Healthy skin starts in the gut. If you’ve topically tried everything to address skin issues to no avail…perhaps it’s time to look a little deeper. Nutritional Therapy Practitioner, Jeniffer Alburquerque’s new book Happy Gut, Healthy You is a great place to start. This book is a simple guide that will encourage you to make the right changes to shift your skin imbalances and regain your self-confidence and self-love through nutrition.
7. Natural beauty product I’m reaching for – I’ve had a really exciting hormonal acne outbreak on my jawline that required a little more firepower than my daily Organic Infused Aloe Concealer. What do I reach for when I need more coverage? My Organic Infused Total Cover Concealer covers tough to camouflage red spots and discoloration from acne, eczema and rosacea.
Thanks for staying present! Enjoy your weekend!
Love & Light,