Kristin’s Saturday 7 – 3 Dec 16
Here’s my list of little treasures I’ve uncovered recently that are making me happy, healthy, and more beautiful inside and out this week. Enjoy!
1. Movie I’m Recommending – I don’t often open cry on planes but this movie made my flight on a recent trip to Sweden. I highly recommend ‘Captain Fantastic’… it’s not what you think. Rent the movie here.
2. Drinking the Queen of Mushrooms – I love getting my hot chocolate and an emotional fix in one sip with Mushroom Hot Cacao with Reishi from Four Sigma. Reishi, the 4,000 year old mushroom that’s often called “the queen of mushrooms”, is known for inducing calm and ensuring better sleep by naturally regulating the hormonal system and lowering cortisol levels. This delish drink is GF, low-GI and dairy-free.
3. Discovering Makeup Ingredients in Coffee Creamer – We use a non-nano, highly purified version of the mineral ingredient Titanium Dioxide as the base for our foundation to add the opacity, coverage and SPF protection. Do you know where else you can find this mineral? In your coffee creamer. It’s totally unnecessary but still used to boost the visual whiteness factor and thickness in creamer. It’s often included in even the most “natural” coconut and milk creamers in the grocery store. Skip the store bought creamers and try Sophie Uliano’s super natural Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer recipe here instead.
4. Quote I’m Integrating – The secret of happiness is freedom. The secret of freedom is courage.” – Thucydides (471 BC – 400 BC)
5. Radical Thought I’m Having – You can always change your mind.
6. Holiday Awareness I’m Having – I started easing into a low-histamine diet a few months ago. I’ve eliminated quite a number of potential inflammatory culprits from my diet but have dragged my feet on alcohol and nightshades until now. I’m not a big drinker but I do love having a glass of wine now and then. Here’s an interesting perspective that has given me a new awareness about women and drinking that’s definitely worth a read.
7. Natural Beauty Hack I Love – Natural facial lotions and creams should be used within six months of opening. You might still be stuck with your lighter summer facial lotion well into fall or winter. It’s not a great idea to hang onto it until next summer because it will have expired. Instead, try magically transforming the moisturizing power of your current summer lotion by mixing your lotion with a few drops of organic jojoba oil or organic sweet almond oil in the palm of your hand before applying.
Thanks for staying present! Enjoy your weekend!
Love & Light,