Here’s my list of little treasures I’ve uncovered recently that are making me happy, healthy, and more beautiful inside and out this week. Enjoy!
1. Stress relieving hack I’m loving – A few years ago I completed The Camino de Santiago which is a glorious pilgrimage “walk” from St Jean Pied de Port in France to Santiago de Compostela on the far side of Spain. The walk took 35 days. Most days we walked about 14 miles. We carried everything for the month in our packs. Those few belongings were very precious and critical. Although my pack was pared down to the bare necessities (like only one change of clothes), I still carried my golf ball. Yes. You read that right. That beautiful golf ball saved my feet…and you can believe it was a hit with the other pilgrims. Get yourself a golf ball now and roll it around under those bare feet of yours anytime you need an instant foot massage. It’s easy and immediate.
2. This week’s adventure I’m cherishing – Celebrating love with my boyfriend of one year at the the amazing Laotian restaurant, Bida Manda in Raleigh, NC.
3. Inspiring video I’m sharing – The Powerful Secret of Your Breath Neurologist and medical doctor, Romie Mushtaq, MD, had her own health crisis and found a new career path through her own healing experience. Watch it here.
4. Simple product I’m praising – Exfoliating Gloves are my fastest, easiest trick to get clean, perform a total body exfoliation AND promote head to toe circulation. When I’m in the shower, I just slip them on, add some body wash and start at my toes. Exfoliating and promoting full body circulation not only helps your body and skin stay beautiful, the increased circulation of oxygen carrying blood promotes healing. These gloves are cheap and sold everywhere. I like this brand.
5. Quote I’m integrating – “How can you give of yourself authentically when your own gas tank is on empty?” – Romila “Dr. Romie” Mushtaq, MD
6. Radical thought I’m having – If the CDC says that 80% of our doctors visits are related to stress and the UN calls stress a “21st century health epidemic” the default prescription should be a vacation. What will it take for us to see slowing down, self-care, and relaxation as a “cure”? What will it take for us to self-prescribe stress relieving lifestyle changes to ourselves instead of going to a doctor for a non-cure?
7. Natural beauty product I’m reaching for – YES! Our Afterglow bronzers are back!! I’m pretty pale, and I have no interest in looking like I have a year-round tan… BUT bronzer is still a product I use every day. It gives my face a new dimension and healthy glow that makes me look like a million bucks! Check out our two new shades, Tropical and Exotic, here.
Thanks for staying present! Enjoy your weekend!
Love & Light,