Here’s my list of little treasures I have uncovered recently that are making me happy, healthy, and more beautiful inside and out this week. Enjoy!
1. A risk that was worth taking – Last year, what started out as a “radical thought I was having” about giving my entire Afterglow team a paid, two weeks off from December 23rd to January 6th, manifested into being with our Winter Wellness Vacation.
This company move was a leap of faith. Even with our amazing and understanding customers, our ability to continue to take, process and ship orders 24/7/365 through the magic of the internet and our trusty partners… it was still a hold-yer-breath leap of faith. I’m so glad I took it and so grateful for my team for putting the right communication in place to make it as smooth as possible for everyone!
Self-care is so much a part of our company culture, it gives me a lot of joy to be able to offer this to my amazing team. After we returned and the dust settled, we shared with each other what the experience was like to have that much time to reboot. The feedback I received was very much about how having a whole two weeks off really gave each employee time to slow down and reconnect with their families. There was a lot of gratitude voiced by all for the time to truly, deeply reconnect with family and friends. How does it get any better than that?!
2. Video I’m digging – What makes a good life? Lessons from the longest study on happiness Waldinger, Director of a 75-year old Harvard study of adult development reveals what keeps people happy and healthy. Personally, I can’t think of a better formula for true beauty. Watch it!
3. Quote I’m integrating – “Being busy is a form of laziness – lazy thinking and indiscriminate action.” – Tim Ferriss
4. This week’s adventure I’m cherishing – When North Carolina gets hit with snow and ice, everything shuts down. Immediately. During weather emergencies, who takes care of those who can’t take care of themselves? My father and I headed over to Saving Grace Animal Rescue to take care of the dogs during last weekend’s ice storm. Despite the treacherous roads, there was a great volunteer turnout. So much puppy love and warm hearts all around. Also, check out this ultimate guide to pet adoption.
5. Homeopathic support I’m using – This winter, along with my essential oils and vitamins, I’m grateful to have the homeopathic support of Dr Schulze’s Lung Tonic.
6. An Alternative to what you’re watching – Gaia.com is an excellent, off-the-beaten path alternative to the standard Hulu, Netflix, Amazon fare. Right now, I’m enjoying the videos and documentaries under their “Health & Longevity” and “Spirituality”.
7. My Afterglow product of the moment – Perfecting Under Eye Concealer is one of my most coveted Afterglow products. I love it for the winter months. The super emollient, creamy formula adds yet another layer of hydration and the coverage is fantastic. In the winter months, I also use it as a creamy spot concealer and highlighter on the bridge of my nose and brow bones!
Thanks for staying present! Enjoy your weekend!
Love & Light,