Here’s my list of little treasures I have uncovered recently that are making me happy, healthy, and more beautiful inside and out this week. Enjoy!
1. Natural beauty hacks I’m loving – The pore struggle is real. While pore size is genetically determined, minimizing the appearance of your pores is well within reach. In my latest blog post I reveal four techniques to shrink pores naturally. #4 is my absolute favorite find. Read it here.
2. This week’s adventure I’m cherishing – Shooting Afterglow videos! Last weekend I converted my living room into a movie set to shoot two days worth of application and product videos. Now comes the fun part, editing! Check out this behind the scenes pic of the set here.
3. Inspiring video I’m sharing – Teach Girls Bravery, Not Perfection, an inspiring Ted Talk by Reshma Saujani about her experience learning how to be brave, not perfect, through the unlikely medium of coding.
4. Healthy elixir I’m brewing – I’m convinced that happiness starts in the gut with good bacteria. Hence, my love for the fermented drink kombucha. My sister gifted me her ‘scoby’ (the kombucha starter) to start my own brew a few months ago. I’ve already made two yummy batches of mango and strawberry kombucha. If you love kombucha or are looking for ways to heal your leaky gut, I highly recommend you try making it yourself. It’s super easy and much cheaper than the store bought version! Check out the kombucha starter at Cultures for Health and don’t forget to sign up for their free kombucha ebook.
5. Quote I’m integrating – “It’s a pattern, it’s not you.” – Tony Robbins That one little perspective shift can do a lot to help us to step into self-compassion and love. This allows us to address an issue as simply a pattern that we need a strategy to break, instead of the issue being adopted as somehow intrinsic to and the definition of our very nature.
6. Documentary worth watching – Tony Robbins – I am not your guru. – Life coach Tony Robbins is the real deal. I love his energy, his authenticity and his huge heart. I went to my first Tony Robbins event in 2009. It was wonderful, weird, and a little wacky. Honestly, I originally only signed up for the event because I wanted to walk on a bed of hot coals. (Yes, I got to do this on night one of the event. It was a trip.) This documentary is a behind the curtain perspective into Tony’s philosophy, events and the impact he has on their lives.
7. Afterglow product I’m reaching for – Lip Love Lipstick in Adore is my favorite summer lip shade. It’s a nude light brown with subtle pink undertones and a slight shimmer. To keep my lips ultra hydrated, I layer it over a sweep of our Organic Infused Lip Soother in Zen and finish it off with sweep of our Organic Infused Hydra Gloss in Aerial.
Thanks for staying present! Enjoy your weekend!
Love & Light,