Here’s my list of little treasures I’ve uncovered recently that are making me happy, healthy, and more beautiful inside and out this week. Please note that some of the links below may randomly be affiliates. Enjoy!
1. Podcast I’m Recommending – Listen to this incredibly insightful interview with Esther Perel, renowned relationship expert and the author of Mating in Captivity. Esther and Tim discuss what it means to be in a fulfilling relationship as the needs and realities of modern life collide with primal instincts.
2. Quote I’m Integrating – “Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.” – Unknown
3. Just a Reminder – Adequate levels of Vitamin D are crucial to health, beauty and disease resiliency. Our indoor lifestyles and constant use of sunscreen mean many of us are well below the healthy range for this life preserving, critical vitamin. For years I had disastrously low vitamin D levels myself. My first step to fixing my vitamin D levels was learning my baseline so I knew where I was and what I needed to do to raise my vitamin D levels to a healthy range. During my annual exam, I asked my gynecologist test my levels. This is an easy way to monitor your D levels and address it if needed with the consistent guidance of your health professional.
4. Travel Hack I’m Loving – Next time you travel, leave the shaving cream at home. Your hair conditioner will easily double as a moisturizing shaving lotion. Try it!
5. Radical thought I’m Having – Step into the question and find your strength in that question.
6. Recovering Stolen Nutrients – Did you know that your prescription medication could be depleting your body of its natural stores of vitamins, minerals and hormones?! This depleting effect could be the source of unexplained side effects when taking prescription medication. The book Drug Muggers sheds much needed light on what supplements you may need to focus on when taking certain drugs to maintain optimal health.
Thank you for being!
Love & Light,
CEO & Founder | Afterglow Cosmetics