Kristin’s Saturday 7 – 14 Oct 17
I hope you are happy and healthy! Here’s my latest Saturday 7 of what’s inspiring me and contributing to my adventure…
1. Recent Experience I’m Cherishing – I participated in the six day American Peace Intention Experiment conceived by Lynn McTaggart, author of ‘The Power of 8: Harnessing the Miraculous Energies of a Small Group to Heal Others, Your Life, and the World. Even as an experienced meditator, I found this group focus, with the intention on healing the most violent area in the USA, to be unexpectedly and incredibly powerful. Her book and the results of her previous experiments are impressive at both the participant and intention target level. I literally can’t wait to participate in the next experiment and I’m really motivated to start a weekly intention group of my own!
2. Get to Sleep Faster – Forget counting sheep! Gently talk your body into relaxation and sleep. Start at your toes and send these messages to each of them: I love you. (And feel yourself sending love and receiving love in that area.) Relax. (And imagine what it would feel like if that area were totally relaxed and at peace.) Release. (And image what your toe would feel like if it released all remaining held tension and stress.) Then move onto your whole foot, then your ankles individually and up your body to the top of your head… until you drift off into dreamland. If you’re still awake after making it to the top of your head… revisit your toes with the same message and work your way up again. If nothing else, you will unwind a day of negative self talk and tension while shifting into a more harmonious state.
3. Quote I’m Integrating – “The one thing you can control is how you treat yourself.”
4. Radical Thought I’m Having – It’s all good.
5. Recipe I’m Recommending – This Creamy French Lentils with Mushrooms & Kale Soup recipe by ‘The First Mess’ chef and blogger, Laura, is incredible and will become a winter soup staple in my house!
6. Massaging my Second Brain – Over the past year I’ve incorporated Arvigo Maya Abdominal Massage into my bedtime ritual. The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy® help to restore the body to its natural balance by correcting the position of organs that have shifted and restrict the flow of blood, lymph, nerve and chi energy. This one quick self-massage technique has made positively affected my menstrual cycles, my enjoyment of sex and my digestion. I went to a massage therapist trained in the technique for an hour of instruction in how to do it myself. Every woman on this planet should know how to do this by the time they are 13 years old. Learn more here.
7. LIVE Interview this Monday! – I will be interviewed by Dr. Tatiana Irvin LIVE on SolutionaryTV http://solutionarytv.com/waking-up/ this Monday, October 16th, 7-8pm EST. We’ll be discussing how voting with your dollars empowers your choices by fueling highly moral, consciously green, regenerative, triple bottom line businesses to create products that are FANTASTIC for you, for me and the environment. And how our power as “consumers” to influence commerce and what happens when we fail to patronize ethically green companies by way of conglomerate absorption, over-regulation and even dissolution.
Thank you for being!
Love & Light,
CEO & Founder | Afterglow Cosmetics