Kristin’s Saturday 7 – 26 Aug 17
Here’s my list of little treasures I’ve uncovered recently that are making me happy, healthy, and more beautiful inside and out this week. Please note that some of the links below may randomly be affiliates. Enjoy!
1. Investigating the Irony of Perfectionism – I’ve been doing a lot of investigation and self-inquiry on perfectionism, self-compassion and happiness. In this TedTalk, “The Perfection Detox”, Petra Kolber talks about working through the need to be perfect and what she did to drop the weight of trying to be perfect off her shoulders.
2. Personalizing the Pharmacy Experience – I’m allergic to some common ingredients that are used in pharmaceutical creams and suppositories. While the active ingredient may be just what the doctor ordered, the cream it’s delivered in often leaves me irritated and aflame. On the rare occasion I’m prescribed a topical cream or suppository by my doctor I ALWAYS ask them if I can get it compounded. Most communities have “compounding pharmacies” where the pharmacist will make a special concoction with the prescribed active ingredient in a medium that is often more natural and more gentle for your sensitive body. I generally opt for coconut oil. Look for one in your area!
3. Quote I’m Integrating – “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people just exist.” – Oscar Wilde
4. Radical Question I’m asking Myself – What is right about this situation that I’m not getting?
5. Drink I’m Sipping – Cucumber water. Just add thinly sliced cucumbers to filtered water for an extra refreshing late summer drink. You can thank me later for this funny video explaining the miracle of the cucumber and why you should enjoy it more often!
6. Now Shipping Orders Faster from NC – We just moved our order fulfillment center to NC and will now be shipping all orders that come in before 1pm EST (Monday – Friday) the same day!
7. My Favorite Transition Lip Shade – Our deep berry red Infused Lip Love Lipstick in KISS is hands down one of our most versatile shades for cool and neutral skin tones. Apply it lightly for a barely there, berry stain or go bold for a more intense shade that will take you all the way through the cool winter months in style.
Thank you for being!
Love & Light,
CEO & Founder | Afterglow Cosmetics