Kristin’s Saturday 7 – 5 Nov 16
Here’s my list of little treasures I’ve uncovered recently that are making me happy, healthy, and more beautiful inside and out this week. Enjoy!
1. Voting Tool I’m Using – If you often show up at the polls knowing only a fraction of the candidates and ballot measures this website’s for you! Check out Ballotpedia.org before you vote this year. Enter your address and receive a sample ballot that you can print, plus general information on each candidate on each issue, from the presidential candidates down to your local offices. Your voice should be informed and heard!
2. Quote I’m integrating – “Every choice you’ve made was not a wrongness. It’s how you got here to choose your strongness.” – Gary Douglass
3. Intention Setting Extension I’m Loving – Ah, the internet. The invention of distraction. It can be tough to stay focused on accomplishing your goals when there are so many fun things on Pinterest and Facebook. Try this free Chrome browser extension Momentum to set intention and stay on task. This extension replaces and personalizes the default image that pops up when you open a new tab. You can set your intention right on the browser image and your main to-do’s for the day.
4. Radical thought I’m having – The happier I become the more beautiful I am…both inside and out.
6. Hacking Desserts for Anti-Aging – Sugar’s at the top of the no-no list if you want to look and feel your best for years to come. Sugar is so addictive that you really need a strategy to avoid it and still feel satisfied. One of my sugar weaknesses is ice cream and my Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker has given me a healthy, dairy-free, gluten-free and sugar-free alternative that I can make in minutes with three ingredients: a can of full fat organic coconut milk, organic vanilla extract and stevia or monk fruit. Intrigued and looking for more healthy ice cream ideas? Just search for ‘vegan, sugar-free ice cream recipes’.
7. Natural beauty product I’m reaching for – Not too heavy but very emollient and packed with antioxidants, especially in the winter months Evening Primrose Eye Contour Cream by Exuberance Beauty is a must.
Thanks for staying present! Enjoy your weekend!
Love & Light,